Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Inspiration/ Francis Bacon vs. Chelsea Wolfe

Sometimes I get hit with an inspiration stick caused by other artists. Exactly this happened to me last night. So today I've been exploring this somewhat dark creativity high.
First I heard someone mention Francis Bacon, an artist probably known by many of you, but I had never seen his work. And when I did, wow, I don't think paintings have ever spoken to me in such a direct way.
When browsing the internet in search of information about Bacon I found a blog where I came across inspiration number two; the singer/song writer/band Chelsea Wolfe. Her music is dark, enchanting and narcotic and fits Francis Bacon perfect. So start the movie while looking at some paintings by Francis Bacon.

 
  



Portrait of Michel Leiris, 1976

Portrait of Lucian Freud, 1965

Paralytic Child Walking on all Fours, 1961

Study for the Head of a Screaming Pope, 1952


Three studies for Figures at the Base of a Crucifixion, 1944


And a portrait of Chelsea Wolfe to close. 













I've made portraits inspired by these two artists and might post them soon. This is all a bit darker than my normal blog-content, but sometimes you need to explore your dark side.

No comments:

Post a Comment